Massage & Esthetics Services
Massage & Esthetic Services
Infrared Sauna Benefits:
Detoxify - Rid the body of toxins and heavy metals
Relieve Pain - Relieve arthritis, sports injuries, fibromyalgia, and other chronic pain conditions
Relax - Sweat your stresses away at a comfortable temperature
Glow - Excellent results in the treatment of acne, eczema, psoriasis, and cellulite
Naturopathic Physicians recommend ten
30 minute sessions
over two to three weeks, twice a year.
Drop In (1/2) Hour Session – $25
Ten Session Punch Card - $110
Unlimited Monthly Pass - $99
A relaxing, stress-relieving massage tailored to your needs. Hot steamed towels & hot basalt stones are incorporated to further induce muscle relaxation.
The Vital Zone
The range of far infrared waves generated by our bodies is 6 to 20 microns. Japanese medical researchers have found that the optimal micron output range is between 7 and 14 microns, often called the Vital Zone, which appears to have special regenerative effects on our bodies.
Far Infrared vs. Conventional Saunas
Today’s busy lifestyles can prevent us from actively sweating on a daily basis but numerous medical studies show that deep sweating has multiple health benefits. While bathing in a far infrared sauna, the body core temperature slowly rises and blood vessels dilate, increasing blood flow. As heat from the blood moves toward the skin’s surface, the body’s nervous system sends signals to the millions of sweat glands covering the body, stimulating perspiration. Far infrared saunas penetrate 1.5” into the body inducing 2-3 times more perspiration than conventional saunas, expelling toxins and heavy metals, and relieving pain while the surrounding air stays at a comfortable temperature [typically between 115 & 140 degrees F]. The lower heat range is also safer for those concerned about cardiovascular risk factors that might be encountered in old-style hot-air saunas.
A conventional sauna must rely only on indirect means of heat: convection (air currents) and conduction (direct contact of hot air with the skin) to produce its heating effects. In far infrared saunas, less than 20% of the infrared energy heats the air leaving over 80% available to be directly converted to heat within our bodies. This allows for a greater depth of heat penetration while the surrounding air remains at a relatively low temperature. This difference explains the unprecedented health benefits of far infrared saunas not attainable with conventional saunas.
Not only does far infrared sauna therapy provide pain relief for symptoms of fibromyalgia, rheumatoid arthritis, back pain, and many other musculoskeletal ailments, it eliminates toxins directly through the skin. Infrared sauna therapy is effective in removing both lipophilic (fat-stored) toxins and toxins already in the bloodstream, reducing levels of heavy metals such as aluminum, mercury, and cadmium, as well as pesticides, herbicides, PCBs, and hydrocarbon residues—all toxins commonly picked up from our environment.